Photos of Plaxtol Churches

Plaxtol Parish Church, built 1649, and Church Row

Plaxtol Parish Church‚ built 1649‚ and Church Row

The only Kent church built during the Interregnum

Plaxtol Parish Church is the only church in Kent built during the Interregnum‚ 1649-1660

The Church's 1892 weathervane

The Church's 1892 weathervane

After 1852 enlargement and before 1894 extensions

The Parish Church after the 1852 enlargement and before the 1894 extensions

Church interior about 1887, looking West

The interior about 1887‚ looking West‚ decorated for Christmas. Note the gallery and organ at the West end and the 3rd row of smaller pews (for children) in the centre.

The interior looking East

The interior looking East

The ladies of the Hassocks Guild in February 1977

The ladies of the Hassocks Guild in February 1977

The War Memorial, with Kingscote House behind

The War Memorial‚ with Kingscote House behind

The dedication of the War Memorial in 1920

The dedication of the War Memorial in 1920

Plaxtol Church in the snow by Pip Perry

Plaxtol Church in the snow by Pip Perry

The former Wesleyan Church in School Lane

The former Wesleyan Church in School Lane‚ now a private house

  • Plaxtol Parish Church, built 1649, and Church Row
  • The only Kent church built during the Interregnum
  • The Church's 1892 weathervane
  • After 1852 enlargement and before 1894 extensions
  • Church interior about 1887, looking West
  • The interior looking East
  • The ladies of the Hassocks Guild in February 1977
  • The War Memorial, with Kingscote House behind
  • The dedication of the War Memorial in 1920
  • Plaxtol Church in the snow by Pip Perry
  • The former Wesleyan Church in School Lane